Tysons Limited has been a player in the Real Estate Sector in Kenya and the East African Region since 1923 when it was founded by Mr. George A. Tyson and specializing in Valuation of Land, Buildings, Plant, Machinery, Farm Machinery, Motor Vehicles, Fixtures, Fittings, Furniture and Laboratory/Office Equipment, in addition to General Estate Agency, Project Management and Real Estate Research.
The firm has therefore been offering valuation services for the last ninety five (96) years to clients in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Seychelles and as far as Gambia in West Africa.
- 1923: Established as a one-man business by George A. Tyson.
- 1940: Changed name to George A. Tyson and Partners when the founder invited other professionals to join the Company.
- 1946-7: The pioneer of the Company Alderman George A. Tyson was elected and served as the Mayor of Nairobi.
- 1960: More partners were admitted and the company was incorporated as a Limited Liability Company and the name changed to TYSONS LIMITED.
- 1972: Demise of the founder and pioneer Mr. George A. Tyson who had already passed on the baton to other directors.
- 1976: Merger of Tysons Limited with Habenga Corporation and name changed to Tysons Habenga Limited under the chairmanship of Mr. Peter Habenga Okondo.
- 1985: The Company’s name reverted to Tysons Limited when Mr. Peter H. Okondo left to venture into politics and was appointed the Minister of Labour in the same year after winning a parliamentary seat.
- Currently, the company is owned by five directors and other professionals staff who are fully qualified real estate consultants and are all working on a full time basis in the firm
To be the preferred valuation and real estate solutions provider.
To provide asset valuation and real estate solutions that meet global standards and constantly satisfy customer requirements.
Our aim is to build long-term partnerships with our clients through provision of our services which not only meet but exceed customer expectations.
- To provide innovative valuation and real estate professional services that meet changing customer needs
- To develop a strong corporate brand so as to grow and defend our chosen market segments
- To maintain empowered, competent and motivated staff capable of meeting customer requirements
- To develop a cohesive, committed and accessible leadership accountable for the company’s results and that ensures sustainable business growth
Integrity | Trustworthiness | Reliability | Respect for all